Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pictures: October 8, 2014 Total Lunar Eclipse


Well, it's come and gone, the total lunar eclipse of October 8, 2014. Luckily for me, I was able to catch this eclipse in 'full' from my location (full is quoted because the Moon set at totality). Still though, this was the first eclipse not clouded out in Northern Ohio since August, 2007 event (which also set in totality). 

While nowhere near as good as the October, 2004 event (has it been 10 years? I'm starting to feel old now!) thanks to the fact that this eclipse was visible from start to finish and was at totality around midnight with the Moon high in the sky, it was still nice to see an eclipse without having to peer through clouds. 

So, here you go, the total lunar eclipse of October 8, 2014 . . . 















Humble Requests:

If you found this informative (or at least entertaining), help me pay my bills and check out my Examiner pages for space news, cleveland photography, national photography, and astronomy for more great stuff.

If you think this was cool, why not tell a friend?

For something even better, follow this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment